APA and the National Association for Behavioral Healthcare (NABH) jointly host a recorded discussion with experts working in inpatient, residential, and other non-ambulatory care settings about how they are assessing the current environment and developing new protocols to care for their patients during the COVID 19 crisis. In this presentation, you will hear from experts about how to manage through different types of services, key messages to give to your team leaders, unique challenges for people with SMI, how to approach group therapy, and more.
Psychiatrists, Residents/Fellows, Physicians
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 60 minutes
Begin Date: April 2, 2020
End Date: April 2, 2023
How to Earn Credit
This activity has not been designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. An official CME certificate (physician) is not available. Individuals who wish to claim a certificate of completion may do so by completing all sections of the activity.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This presentation, however, is not designated for AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Harsh Trivedi, MD, MBA, President and CEO, Sheppard Pratt Health Systems.
- Ryan Kimmel, MD, Chief of Psychiatry, University of Washington Medical Center.
- Frank A. Ghinassi, Ph.D ABPP, CEO, Rutgers University Behavioral Health Care.
- Tristan Gorrindo, MD, Director, Division of Education and Deputy Medical Director, American Psychiatric Association.
- Kristin Kroeger, Chief of Policy, Programs, and Partnership, American Psychiatric Association.
- Shawn Coughlin, CEO, National Association for Behavioral Healthcare.
- Kirsten Birinio, Director of Policy and Regulatory Affairs, National Association for Behavioral Healthcare.
Accessibility for Participants with Disabilities
The American Psychiatric Association is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. If you have trouble accessing any of APA’s online resources, please contact us at 202-559-3900 for assistance.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
Need Assistance? contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this course | contact email@example.com for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association ©2020.