The ABPN released details to its diplomates about the optional Maintenance of Certification (“MOC”) Part III Pilot Project which is scheduled to begin in 2019. This pilot program is a journal article-based assessment activity designed as an optional alternative to the current secure, proctored 10-year MOC examination. Diplomates who do not wish to participate in the pilot program may continue to take the 10-year MOC examination. ABPN has selected 18 APA articles as part of their MOC Part III Pilot Project. As a member benefit, APA is providing these articles free to APA members only.
*Completion of this activity grants CME credit only. Participants who wish to claim MOC credit for this activity must do so by completing the corresponding article quiz on the ABPN website.*
This activity is only available to APA members.
If you have questions about this activity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Estimated Time to Complete
Duration: 18 hours
Begin Date: August 28, 2019
End Date: December 31, 2021
How to Earn Credit
In order to earn CME credit from APA, access each article in the activity list and read through the material presented in the article. After reading the article, submit the required evaluation (participants will need to complete a separate evaluation for each article) and claim study hours to receive your certificate. Each article awards up to 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. A cumulative CME certificate is available for up to 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Participants should only claim credit for the articles read*. All members are eligible to earn credit; participation in continuous certification is not a requirement.
*Participants may not claim CME credits for articles for which they have already claimed CME credits. Please check your CME transcript under My Portfolio after logging in to the Learning Center.
If you are participating in the MOC Part III Pilot Project and wish to earn MOC credit from ABPN, visit the ABPN website and complete the quiz that corresponds with the article you have read. Diplomates must correctly answer at least four of the five questions correctly on the first attempt. For a given article, once a quiz has been started it must be completed in a single sitting. Click here for additional information about the ABPN MOC Part III Pilot Project.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this CME activity for a maximum of 18 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Tristan Gorrindo, M.D., Director of Education, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.1+
- Browser: Firefox 3+, Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 4.0+, or Google Chrome 7.0+
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 pixels.
- Windows PC:500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card at least 16-bit; Macromedia Flash Player 10 or higher, audio playback with speakers for programs with video content; Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, Safari 1.0+, Google Chrome, or Opera
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.3 or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit
For assistance: Contact email@example.com for questions about this course | Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance