This module is designed to help fill the gap in "business of medicine" education and better prepare young psychiatrists transitioning to practice. It will provide a wealth of knowledge on the anatomy of a contract, practical tips for the interview negotiation process, and how to market oneself as an early career psychiatrist.
- General Member - $15.00
- Resident-Fellow Member - $7.50
- Medical Student Member - $15.00
- Non-Member - $30.00
- Examine the current demand for behavioral health and psychiatrists and the available practice options and career paths
- Prepare for the interview and negotiation process
- Formulate a personal road map for successfully transitioning to practice
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Begin Date: February 1, 2019
End Date: February 1, 2022
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. A multiple choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 70% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the completion date and hours earned.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Thomas Rossi, National Vice President - Physician Recruitment, HCA. Disclosure: Stock - HCA; Employee - HCA.
- Jon Fanning, MS, CAE, Chief Strategy and Membership Officer, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financical relationships with commercial interests.
- Kristen LeBlanc, MPA, CAE, Deputy Director, Member Product Development and Engagement, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
Need Assistance? contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this course | contact email@example.com for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association ©2019.