This course provides a basic overview of transgender mental health. It introduces core concepts of working with gender variant patients, and provides a roadmap to providing gender-affirming care.
- General Member - $15.00
- Resident-Fellow Member - Free
- Medical Student Member - $7.50
- Non-Member - $30.00
Free member registration for this course through the Course of the Month program ended on September 30, 2018.
- Describe the gender spectrum
- Explain the basics of gender-affirming care
- Outline the basics of “transitioning”
- Identify medical and surgical gender-affirming treatments
Psychiatrists who have little to no experience working with gender variant people
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Program Start Date: July 25, 2018
Program End Date: July 25, 2021
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course. A multiple choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 75% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the date of completion and hours earned.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Eric Yarbrough, MD, Director of Psychiatry, Callen-Lorde Community Health Center. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Ranna Parekh, MD, Director, Division Diversity and Health Equity, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Sejal Patel, Senior Program Manager, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Vabren Watts, PhD, Deputy Directro, Division of Diversity and Health Equity, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact email@example.com for questions about this course | Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association. ©2018