This activity will give psychiatrists a basic understanding of the 2018 reporting requirements for the Medicare Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS), including where to go for additional help and resources.
- General Member - Free
- Resident-Fellow Member - Free
- Medical Student Member - Free
- Non-Member - $25.00
- Identify what is new for the MIPS program in 2018
- Determine the circumstances under which physicians are required to do MIPS reporting for 2018
- Describe the 2018 MIPS reporting requirements
- Locate additional resources and help to guide physicians in doing MIPS reporting
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Begin Date: April 11, 2018
End Date: April 11, 2021
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. A multiple-choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 75% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the event date and hours earned.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this enduring activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Samantha Sugarman, Deputy Director, Quality, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Nathan Tatro, Health Information Technology Specialist, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Presenters and Program Planners
- Eileen Carlson, R.N., Director of Reimbursement Policy, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Debra Lansey, Associate Director of Payment Policy, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this course | Contact email@example.com for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association. ©2018