Psychiatrists and residents are faced with the important—but what may feel overwhelming—task of refreshing their knowledge of the whole of psychiatric practice, typically while remaining engaged in full-time clinical activity. Psychiatrists will find the logical structure, substantive questions, and thorough explanations provided by the Study Guide for the Psychiatry Board Examination Online Q-Bank. Although participants are advised to consult a range of resources in preparation for the examination, this online tool is an invaluable way to review the field of psychiatry through high-yield questions and answers.
The online quiz tool is designed for maximum usefulness, with specific features and attributes to support knowledge recall and successful examination performance.
- Each multiple-choice question is followed by an explanation of why the correct answer is correct and the other answers are incorrect, and every question and explanation is referenced, directing participants to the primary material for more in-depth learning and study.
- The contributors are from a cross-section of accomplished students, fellows, and junior and senior faculty, all of whom have faced or will face the board examination and who understand its importance to the profession.
- Topics were determined by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification Examination in Psychiatry 2015 Content Blueprint.
- The 429 questions were formulated from information extracted from widely available American Psychiatric Publishing textbooks and accurately reflect the accepted psychiatric knowledge base.
The process of working through the online exam tool will allow the participant to identify areas of strength and weakness, initiate further study, and test and retest knowledge, ultimately preparing for the examination's rigors. The Study Guide for the Psychiatry Board Examination Q-Bank offers support for the new, DSM-5®—compatible examination, and that alone renders it essential.
- General Member - $300.00
- Resident-Fellow Member - $300.00
- Medical Student Member - $300.00
- Non-Member - $600.00
- Prepare for ABPN's certification and maintenance of certification exam through self-testing of knowledge
- Identify areas of strength and weakness in order to assess where further study is needed
- Determine a plan for self-guided study
Physicians preparing for the initial psychiatry board examination or the recertification examination
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 12 Hours
Program Release: March 1, 2018
Program End: March 1, 2020
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing the course and evaluation. No minimum passing score is required. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the completion date and hours earned.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 12.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Philip Muskin, M.D., Professor of Psychiatry, Columbia University Medical Center; Senior Consultant in Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia Campus; Faculty, Center for Psychoanalytic Training and Research, Columbia University; Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Anna L. Dickerman, M.D., Assistant Professor, Clinical Psychiatry, Weill Cornell Medical College; Assistant Attending Psychiatrist, Psychiatry Consultation-Liaison Service, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center; Disclosure: Royalties and Honoraria - American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Tim Marney, Director, Digital Publishing, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.1+
- Browser: Firefox 3+, Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 4.0+, or Google Chrome 7.0+
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card at least 16-bit; Macromedia Flash Player 10 or higher, audio playback with speakers for programs with video content; Firefox 1.1+, Internet Explorer 7.0+, Safari 1.0+, Google Chrome, or Opera
- Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.3 or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit
For assistance: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this course | Contact email@example.com for technical assistance