This 12-week learning collaborative will serve as a virtual community for participants to gain knowledge of evidence-based models of care and receive support and feedback on how to implement those models to effectively improve patient outcomes for behavioral health conditions and medical disorders.
This activity is supported by the Transforming Clinical Practice Initiative (TCPI).
This activity is available by invitation only and a Group ID is required to enroll. Please enter the code you received by email to unlock the activity.
If you have misplaced your Group ID, please contact SAN@psych.org.
- Provide trained psychiatrists with technical assistance for practicing in Collaborative Care
- Facilitate networking opportunities with other psychiatrists practicing in Collaborative Care and allow for peer-to-peer support
- Allow psychiatrists to build quality improvement skills to implement in their own practice settings
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 12 weeks; 14 hours
Program Begin Date: September 11, 2017
Program End Date: December 10, 2017 (12-week cohort); February 10, 2018 (credit claim)
(Note: This is a 12-week scheduled course that runs from September 11 to December 10. Credit must be claimed within 60 days post-event)
How to Claim Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. A multiple choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 70% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the date of completion and hours earned.
Participants who wish to also claim ABPN MOC-4 (PIP) and MOC-2 (self-assessment) credit must complete the "Learning Collaborative-MOC Credit" activity after having met the completion requirements of this learning collaborative. The Group ID code to unlock the MOC credit claim is provided at the bottom of your certificate from this collaborative.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
ABPN Approval for MOC Requirements
This activity has been approved by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) for MOC-4 Improvement in Medical Practice (PIP) credit and MOC-2 non-CME Self-Assessment peer review activity. The activity is approved to award one MOC-4 PIP Clinical Module requirement. The activity will also satisfy eight MOC-2 non-CME self-assessment credits for peer review. To meet these requirements, participants must meaningfully participate in the learning collaborative, provide peer feedback on phone calls or via discussion boards, and participate in practice improvement activities specific to their practice environment. The approval period is for October 1, 2016-September 30, 2019.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- John Kern, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Regional Mental Health Center and Regional Health Center. Disclosure: MTM Services, National Council for Behavioral Health
- Anna Ratzliff, MD, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, University of Washington; Associate Director for Education, The AIMS Center, University of Washington. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests
- Tristan Gorrindo, MD, Director, Division of Education, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests
- Kristin Kroeger, Chief, Division of Policy Programs & Partnerships, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests
- Lori Klinedinst, Program Director, TCPI SAN Grant, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact SAN@psych.org for questions about this activity | Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance