The passage of MACRA set in motion entirely new programs for quality reporting and new payment models. Over 23,000 psychiatrists currently see Medicare patients. CMS’ Quality Payment Program, which is implementing MACRA, is also widely expected to have a ripple effect and spur similar efforts by many other payers. This webinar will provide an overview of the two payment pathways of this program, the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) incentive payment pathway. It will educate psychiatrists about how this will impact their psychiatric practice and what changes Medicare participating psychiatrists will need to engage in to avoid payment penalties and potential qualification for bonus payments.
- General Member - Free
- Resident-Fellow Member - Free
- Medical Student Member - Free
- Non-Member - $25.00
- Discuss how the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) is transforming Medicare payment and quality programs
- Summarize how CMS is implementing MACRA through its Quality Payment Program
- Identify the two different payment pathways for physicians under the Quality Payment Program and their component
- Determine which payment pathway is applicable to the psychiatrist’s practice
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Begin Date: November 16, 2016
End Date: November 16, 2019
How to Earn Credit
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. A multiple choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 60% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the event date and hours earned.
Continuing Education Credit
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Eileen Carlson, American Psychiatric Association, Director, Reimbursement Policy. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Nevena Minor, American Psychiatric Association, Deputy Director, Payment Advocacy. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Samantha Shugarman, American Psychiatric Association, Deputy Director, Quality Measures. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
- Nathan Tatro, American Psychiatric Association, Department of Practice Management and Delivery System Policy. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact email@example.com for questions about this course | Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association. ©2013-2016
American Psychiatric Association
Department of CME
1000 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22209