Key points of the presentation include the:
- difference between accountability reporting vs. internal quality improvement reporting;
- history of CMS quality reporting;
- multiple benefits to quality reporting;
- value of a quality measurement tool;
- value of measure alignment;
- various reporting mechanisms for solo, small, and group practices; and
- efforts the APA is making to advocate in this area, on behalf of the APA-membership.
- General Member - Free
- Resident-Fellow Member - Free
- Medical Student Member - Free
- Non-Member - $25.00
Estimated Duration: 1 hour
Begin Date: November 9, 2016
End Date: November 9, 2019
Participants who wish to earn AMA PRA Category 1 Credit ™ or a certificate of participation may do so by completing all sections of the course including the evaluation. A multiple choice quiz is provided based on the content. A passing score of 60% must be achieved. Retakes are available for the test. After evaluating the program, course participants will be provided with an opportunity to claim hours of participation and print an official CME certificate (physicians) or certificate of participation (non-physicians) showing the date of completion and hours earned.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The APA designates this enduring CME activity for a maximum of 1 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact email@example.com for questions about this course | Contact LearningCenter@psych.org for technical assistance
All materials copyright American Psychiatric Association. ©2013-2016
American Psychiatric Association
Department of CME
1000 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22209