Participants of the Essentials of Psychopharmacology Master Course, held at the 2017 APA Annual Meeting, are eligible to earn CME credit toward meeting Maintenance of Certification (MOC) requirements. This activity provides Self-Assessment (Part 2 of MOC) credit.
Credit must be claimed by August 24, 2017 (11:59pm EST)
Enrollment in this activity is limited to participants of the Essentials of Psychopharmacology Master Course held at the 2017 APA Annual Meeting.
Master Course participants must enter the Group ID code on the purchase step to unlock and begin this activity. If you have misplaced the Group ID, please email email@example.com.
- Discuss new drugs and developments in psychopharmacological research
- Review current medication indications for psychiatric disorders
- Review side effects and medication interactions
Psychiatrists, physicians, other healthcare providers with prescribing privileges interested in psychopharmacology.
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimate Duration: 2 hours
Program Release Date: May 23, 2017
Program End Date: May 31, 2017
How to Earn Credit
Attendees of the Master Course will take a live self-assessment activity consisting of a 30-question self-assessment test using second screen technology via the FXP Touch App. Each question will be projected on a screen and participants will need to enter their answer into the FXP Touch App. The responses will then be tallied by percentage and projected to the attendees, along with the correct answer (peer comparison).
Following the Master Course, participants can access the live self-assessment questions through this activity, along with rationales and references for each question. Master Course participants can either retake the test for practice or just review the rationales and references.
To earn credit, participants must evaluate the self-assessment exam.
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this self-assesment activity for a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the APA Annual Meeting Essentials of Psychopharmacology Master Course Self-Assessment and has approved this program as a part of a comprehensive Self-Assessment program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
- Alan F. Schatzberg, M.D., Kenneth T. Norris, Jr. Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford School of Medicine, Consultant/Advisory Board: Cenerx, Eli Lilly and Company, Gilead Sciences, Lundbeck, Merck & Co., Neuronetics Inc., PharmaNeuroBoost, CervelNeurotech, Inc., Genentech, Speakers Bureau/Speaker Honoraria: Merck & Co, Stock/Other financial relationship: Brain Cells Inc, Corcept Therapeutics, Inc., Delpor Technology, Forest Laboratories, Inc., Merck & Co., Neurocrine Biosciences Inc., Pfizer, CervelNeurotech, Inc., Other Financial Disclosure: Consultant: Bay City Capital, MCKinsey, MSI, and Xhale; Equity: Amnestix and Xhale.
- Charles DeBattista, M.D., D.M.H., Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Stanford University Medical Center, Consultant/Advisory Board: Brain Resource, Ltd., St. Jude Medical, Inc., Assure RX
- Kristen Moeller, Director of Continuing Medical Education, American Psychiatric Association. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
Macintosh: Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions about this course | Contact email@example.com for technical assistance