The 2017 APA Annual Meeting Self-Assessment in Psychiatry is a series of 100 questions that will help a physician self-assess current knowledge in major topics in psychiatry, providing feedback that can be used as the subsequent basis for focused CME, lifelong learning, and/or professional development.
This activity must be completed by 8/24/2017.
This activity is only available to 2017 APA Annual Meeting attendees. A group code is needed to proceed with enrollment.
- Aid practicing psychiatrists in assessing their existing level of knowledge regarding current psychiatric practice and clinical advances
- Prioritize gaps in psychiatrist learning and plan activities at the Annual Meeting
- Improve patient care for key mental disorders by incorporating the principles of this self-assessment into individual practice
- Review material related to core competencies of medical knowledge, patient care, interpersonal communication skills, systems-based practice and professionalism
Practicing psychiatrists and residents interested in assessing their level of knowledge regarding current psychiatric practice and clinical advances and streamlining their experience at the APA Annual Meeting.
Estimated Time to Complete
Estimated Duration: 8 hours
Begin Date: February 21, 2017
End Date: August 24, 2017
How to Earn Credit
The minimum performance level requirement is fulfilled by answering all questions and by receipt of a score and peer comparison. This self-assessment is designed to identify strengths and weaknesses and fulfill a self-assessment component of Maintenance of Certification (MOC). After each question is answered, the learner will be provided with the correct answer, rationale, and recommended literature resources. Each participant will be provided with a score and their comparative performance to peers. The aggregate peer comparison is dynamic and may change as the number of participants taking the self-assessment increases. Your own results are completely confidential. It is recommended that this self-assessment be completed prior to attending the 2017 APA Annual Meeting. Credit will not be provided after August 24, 2017.
The APA is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The APA designates this enduring material for a maximum of 8 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the Annual Meeting Self-Assessment in Psychiatry and has approved this program as a part of a comprehensive Self-Assessment program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of Maintenance of Certification.
Faculty and Planner Disclosures
Tristan Gorrindo, M.D., Director, APA Division of Education. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Kristen Moeller, Director of Continuing Medical Education, APA Division of Education. Reports no financial relationships with commercial interests.
Optimal System Configuration:
- Flash Player: Adobe Flash Player 10.3+
- Browser: Firefox (latest version), Internet Explorer 8.0+, Safari 7.0+, Microsoft Edge (latest version) or Google Chrome (latest version)
- Operating System: Windows XP+ or Mac OS X 10.4+
- Internet Connection: 1 Mbps or higher
- Windows PC: 500-MHz Pentium II; Windows XP or higher; 128 MB RAM; Video Card at least 64MB of video memory; Macromedia Flash Player 10.3 or higher; Sound Card at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
- Macintosh:Mac OS X 10.4+ or higher with latest updates installed; 1.83MHz Intel Core Duo or faster; RAM: 128MB or more; Video Card: at least 64MB of video memory; Sound Card: at least 16-bit; audio playback with speakers for programs with video content
For assistance: Contact email@example.com for questions about this course | Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for technical assistance